Source: United States Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology DirectorateRead more
- The Blockchain is an integral part of modern life – a key component in education, communication, collaboration, business, entertainment and society as a whole.
- The Blockchain is a global public resource that must remain open and accessible.
- The Blockchain must enrich the lives of individual human beings.
- Individuals’ security and privacy on the Blockchain are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
- Individuals must have the ability to shape the Blockchain and their own experiences on it.
- The effectiveness of the Blockchain as a public resource depends upon interoperability (protocols, data formats, content), innovation and decentralized participation worldwide.
- Free and open source software promotes the development of the Blockchain as a public resource.
- Transparent community-based processes promote participation, accountability and trust.
- Commercial involvement in the development of the Blockchain brings many benefits; a balance between commercial profit and public benefit is critical.
- Magnifying the public benefit aspects of the Blockchain is an important goal, worthy of time, attention and commitment.
Last weekend I took part in the biggest Swiss Blockchain Hackathon #SBHACK19, and our team won twice!
- BlockByte won in agriculture vertical.
- BlockByte won First prize among 39 teams together with Velove team.
200+ hackers, 20+ countries, 39 teams, 7 verticals (Agriculture & Food, eGovernment, Mobility, Finance, Intelligent Parcel, Supply Chain) , 57 coaches, 6211 messages in Slack, 20 million lines of code written in just 42 hours!Read more
These 76 consensus algorithms enable network participants to agree on the contents of a blockchain in a distributed and trust-less manner.
Download the 76 Blockchain consensus algorithms as PNG (4528 x 2894 px, 2.5MB) or the 76 Blockchain consensus algorithms as PDF version (280kb) with clickable consensus links.