- Maker DAO liquidations on March 12 and 13 resulted in protocol losses of 5.67 million DAI
- This happened due to the opportunity to win liquidation auctions with zero bids, which was 36% of all liquidations
- The greatest Vault has lost ~35 000 ETH whereas the most successful liquidator has had a profit of 30 000 ETH
- $8.32 million was withdrawn through zero bids auctions in total
Between 2011 and 2012, Clifton Collins bought 6,000 bitcoin using money he earned from growing and selling marijuana, The codes were printed onto a piece of paper and stuffed into a fishing rod case. His landlord sent many of Collins’ possessions to a local dump during the process of clearing out Collins’ room. Source
Decentralized lending protocol bzx hacked twice in a matter of days. The first exploit resulted in a loss of 1,271 ETH and the second exploit resulted in a loss of 2,378 ETH. Both exploits are highly complex transactions that involve multiple DeFi Dapps. Source
- Chinese cryptocurrency exchange FCoin may default on 7,000 to 13,000 BTC (around $67 million to $125 million) of user funds
- Founder and former Huobi CEO Jian Zhang revealed details of the exchange’s status and financial difficulties
Investigating stolen funds on Mainnet. The exploit is related to the (user-facing) Trinity Wallet. Source
The IOTA Foundation and co-founder David Sønstebø will compensate the victims personally. Source
“Unfortunately we have to notify you with the fact that our exchange was hacked during the night and almost all funds from BTC, ETH, ARRR and VRSC were stolen. A small part of the funds are safe on cold wallets.” twitter
1. On February 5, 2020 the exchange Altsbit suffered an attack by hackers, in the attack unfortunately a certain quantity of coins were stolen from the platform. After a careful analysis we managed to understand the stolen quantities, fortunately a good part of the coins were kept on cold storage, these coins will be returned to the users of Altsbit exchange not having the possibility to compensate for these losses, they will be distributed among all users of the platform each coin will have its calculation based on the percentage that was saved during the attack
2. Current verified losses are:
- Bitcoin (BTC): 6,929 lost out of 14,782 held
- Ether (ETH): 23,210 lost out of 32,262
- Pirate Chain (ARRR): 3,924,082 lost out of 9,619,754
- Verus Coin (VRSC): 414,154 lost out of 852,726
- Komodo (KMD): 1,066 lost out of 48,015
black hat hacking group LulzSec claimed it “We assure that @altsbit didn’t have (sic) proper security to stop Lulz Canon. Many others to follow. Better Stack up the Security – Note to other Exchanges.“
Bitcoins are burned, or in other words become unspendable and therefore removed from circulation, after being sent to these addresses because they have no known private key.
1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE is one of those. Over the years 306 fools have sent 13.22549055 BTC to this address 🙂
At 6:34pm EST Saturday, Fusion Foundation CEO DJ Qian announced in the official FSN Telegram group that the token-swap wallet, an Ethereum address used to swap ERC-20 FSN tokens for tokens on the FSN mainnet, had been compromised. Qian said 10m native FSN and 3.5m ERC-20 FSN were stolen—a combined 38% of circulating supply according to CoinMarketCap.
“After it was stole, we found the [thief] kept moving those stolen FSN in order to wash the address holding FSN, and sent part of the them to exchanges to sell,” Qian said in the Telegram group.