UNLEASHING THE BLOCKCHAIN ECONOMY
Over the years, Hackers have stolen billion of dollars worth of crypto-coins from various exchanges and platform. Cryptocurrencies attract the attention of some of the world’s most opportunistic hackers and exchanges are still not regulated….the mix of these two components is an explosive cocktail!Read more
Blockchain based smart contracts have the potential to benefit the insurance by streamlining current activities and opening new markets for low cost and low premium products. The insurance can take advantage of blockchain to digitize and streamline administration of existing processes and utilize the technology to offer new products and services where transparency, trust, and simplicity offer value.Read more
Source: United States Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology DirectorateRead more
- The Blockchain is an integral part of modern life – a key component in education, communication, collaboration, business, entertainment and society as a whole.
- The Blockchain is a global public resource that must remain open and accessible.
- The Blockchain must enrich the lives of individual human beings.
- Individuals’ security and privacy on the Blockchain are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
- Individuals must have the ability to shape the Blockchain and their own experiences on it.
- The effectiveness of the Blockchain as a public resource depends upon interoperability (protocols, data formats, content), innovation and decentralized participation worldwide.
- Free and open source software promotes the development of the Blockchain as a public resource.
- Transparent community-based processes promote participation, accountability and trust.
- Commercial involvement in the development of the Blockchain brings many benefits; a balance between commercial profit and public benefit is critical.
- Magnifying the public benefit aspects of the Blockchain is an important goal, worthy of time, attention and commitment.
As Ethereum ecosystem grows supporting the Ethereum network by running a full node has never been so important. The Raspberry pi is a pretty good option to do so:
- There are lots of Raspberry Pis out there
- The support by the community is Huge
- Low cost and low power consumption
Last weekend I took part in the biggest Swiss Blockchain Hackathon #SBHACK19, and our team won twice!
- BlockByte won in agriculture vertical.
- BlockByte won First prize among 39 teams together with Velove team.
200+ hackers, 20+ countries, 39 teams, 7 verticals (Agriculture & Food, eGovernment, Mobility, Finance, Intelligent Parcel, Supply Chain) , 57 coaches, 6211 messages in Slack, 20 million lines of code written in just 42 hours!Read more
These 76 consensus algorithms enable network participants to agree on the contents of a blockchain in a distributed and trust-less manner.
Download the 76 Blockchain consensus algorithms as PNG (4528 x 2894 px, 2.5MB) or the 76 Blockchain consensus algorithms as PDF version (280kb) with clickable consensus links.
IEO is currently the most popular fundraising trend in the crypto industry. As the name suggests, Initial Exchange Offering is conducted over the crypto trading platform and exchanges. So unlike ICOs wherein crypto projects directly approach investors, IEOs involve a third-party in the form of crypto exchanges.Read more
Security token offering (STO) is a type of fundraising that is performed with a company offering tokenized securities. The defining feature of security token offerings is in its definition. Stocks, bonds and managed property trusts are another examples of securities.
Essentially, a security token is a cryptocurrency-based asset that derives its value from some other asset that it represents. For example, security tokens can represent real estate or gold but, most importantly, they can represent shares and securities or their alternative.Read more